Sunday, January 9, 2011

~Word Of the Week "Week 1"~

Since we are in a new year, I decided I would try something new this year. Every Sunday, I am going to have a word of the week. This will be a word that hopefully will inspire and remind us all about the most important things in life. I will also include a picture in each post that I think represents the word of the week. I invite you to join me in the word of the week on your blogs. It is simple. Just take my word of the week and write what this word means to you. So, here we go!

The first word of the week is ~Love~.

Love is a word that we use everyday. We love our homes, our jobs, our pets, our mates, our decorating style, our children, and our families. To me love is one of those words that can mean so many different things and apply to so many different aspects of our lives. I believe that nothing clearly defines love than the following Bible verse.

Love is patient, Love is kind.
Love does not envy or boast.
Love is not prideful or rude.
Love is not quick to anger.
Love does not rejoice and wrongdoing, but rejoices in truth.
Love bears all things, believes all things,
hopes all things, endures all things.
Love never fails.

Let's make it our mission to show a little more love this week. Try to see love in everything we come into contact with this week. Even the things that may seem unlovable. We all have so much love to share, so let's share it instead of keeping it inside.

The following picture represents love for me. It is a picture of Parker and Peyton wearing their love t-shirts sleeping on the couch. I think they even look like a little heart the way they are sleeping.


If you choose to write about love on your blog this week, please let me know. I would love to read it.

Thank you for visiting Yesterday Once More. I appreciate you stopping by and I hope that you will come back as often as you can. Always remember, "Love doesn't just sit there, like a stone; it has to be made, like bread, remade all the time, made new."

All My Best,
~Dan~

14 comments:

Mumsy said...

Dan, that is an excellent word and excellent Bible verse. The picture of Parker and Peyton is just precious. I can see the heart shape their bodies are making...that is the perfect picture to go with your word post.

I lost my other blog and had to start another one, it took me awhile to find your blog again but I found it last night. I am really glad to be back I enjoy your posts.

Your home is absolutely gorgeous after all your painting and redoing. Great job! Hugs

Angie Berry said...

What a good idea Dan! I think you picked a great word to start with and the P's look so adorable in their little love shirts. You're right, they do look like they are in the shape of a heart, how cute! I will be back to let you know if I join in this week.

Have a delightful week~

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

Dan honey what a prefect thing to do for the new year. To pick love out for the first word tells a lot about you.
The picture of those two babies snuggled up on your sofa together in their love outfits is just the picture of the year. hahaha They do look like their forming a heart. Cute cute too cute.
Okay I am in. Love is the word this week so when I do my post I will let you know
Love ya
Maggie

The French Bear said...

Dan, what a lovely post! I shall think about the suggestion of posting about love...I have wanted to do a post about Ruth who had unconditional love for her mother in law, Naomi.
Hugs,
Margaret B

The Paper Princess said...

Happy New Year to you Dan!

I love your Word of the Week concept and post! "Perfect love casts out fear" is also a verse that is significant to me. I just happened to post a card with a great quote on it that is perfect for this week's theme - you can view it at the link below!

http://create-with-joy.blogspot.com/2011/01/sunday-favorites-love-deeply-card.html

Have a fabulous week and give Peyton a special hug for me!

Ramona
http://create-with-joy.blogspot.com

My Primitive Creations by Tonya said...

Hi Dan...Awesome Post and wonderful way to get all of us thinking. I have to ask did that adorable Heart pic of your Love Pups inspire your first word?
I love that Bible verse..Maybe we all should print it out and hang it on our Fridge to help remind us how Important "LOVE" is in our day to day lives.
Thanks for the word of the week..great inspiration!!

Blessings
Tonya

Tanya~Friendship Crossing said...

What a precious pic of those cute doggies and I think you picked out the perfect Bible verses to start the new yr! What a sweet idea!


I once found a heart-shaped potato that came out of a bag of potatoes and it reminded me of God's love for us and took a pic of it! LOL

I've been doing something similar on my blog, but it is mostly a quote that I found meaningful to me during the week, etc.

Have a great day!
Tanya

Deppen homestead 1862 said...

Dan
Very well done!
The pups they are just so sweet in their little outfits!
enjoy your day
Teresa

LibbiesHome said...

Great idea and great word to start with! Love the thoughts you shared. Thanks :)

NancyW said...

Thanks for starting with such a wonderful word. I LOVE prims. I LOVE the pictures that everyone shares of their breathtaking homes and I LOVE A Primitive Place Magazine, thank you for your paty in bringing it yo us. I am new to blogging but I am beginning to LOVE that too.......what inspiration. Your dogs are sooooo cute and look so warm and toasty in their sweaters.

Libbie said...

Hey Dan...they TOATLLY do look like a little heart lying there! So sweet! Great idea! I hope I remeber to check back often to read your word of the week!

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

Dan honey I did my post tonight about Love.
Not near as good as yours or the way I wanted it to turn out but I like it.
Thanks for doing this
Love
Maggie

The Hoskins' Family said...

Thanks Dan, for sharing such a great post and getting all of us to think! I added a post about love to my blog as in LOVE is a such a meaningful word! Take a peek!!!
My kids had a blast helping me create this post!

Thanks again!
Lynnly

Sharon said...

What a cute photo of the pups and yes they sure do look like a heart to go with your word of the week.
I will try to do a post about Love this week also.
I love the verse that you found.
Have a nice day