Wednesday, December 29, 2010

~Two Special Gifts From a Very Special Person~

Some of you may remember that my mom gives all of us a special gift every Christmas. Every gift my mom gives for Christmas is special. She always puts so much thought behind everything she gives. She spends countless hours trying to please all of us. Every year, she makes us a special gift. This is a gift that she makes herself. I think it is everyone's favorite part of Christmas to see not only what they receive but to see what everyone else receives. This year my mom made this quilt for Jeff.


I can only imagine all the long hours it took her to make it. She knows how much Jeff loves Charlie Brown so that was the theme. When Jeff opened it it brought him to tears. He was so touched that my mom would spend that much time on something just for him.


She made the Charlie Brown and Snoopy herself. They are perfect. She is a very, very talented lady!

For my special gift she took all the articles that I wrote for the first issue of A Primitive Place magazine and framed them together.



I love it and I will cherish it for many years to come. We are all so blessed to have a mom who loves us enough to give of one of the most precious things on earth...her time.

Thank you for visiting Yesterday Once More and thank you for all the birthday wishes for Jeff. They all made him feel very special. Always remember that "The best things that you can give children, next to good habits, are good memories."

All My Best,
~Dan~

12 comments:

Jessica @BeforeTheDawn said...

Your mom is quite the talented woman! The quilt is amazing, I just love it. And I think it's super sweet she took your articles and framed them. Homemade gifts are the best, always made with love and care and tons of thoughts (even prayers) about the person the gift is for.

Tins and Treasures said...

Good Morning, Dan,
Yes, homemade gifts are the best. The quilt will be quite a keepsake.

Good manners and good memorioes...Amen to that! Have a thoughtful Thursday ~Natalie

Love My Country Home said...

What an awesome lady. And very talented. Looks like you had a very special Christmas. Happy New Year to you and Jeff.

Grammee Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

Oh wow!!!!!! Your mom did a fantastic job on those Dan!! Of course each is special but I love her idea to frame all your articles like that. What a unique, clever and meaningful gift. You are so blessed to have a mom like that (and I can see that you have inherited her fine qualities!!)

Joanne said...

What a wonderful gift and so thoughtful - you know she was thinking of Jeff's smile with every stitch! What a great gift for you too!

Char said...

Wow!...Mom really put her whole heart into both your Christmas gifts!...they are wonderful!

Sharon said...

Wow that is one cute quilt. I would say that your mom is very talented for sure.
I hope that you have a very Happy New Year.

lakeffect said...

What a great mom and fabulous role model. She really understands the true meaning of Christmas giving!

Holli~Where The Rooster Crows said...

The quilt is awesome! My sister gave me a *Charlie Brown Christmas Tree* and I was so excited! Its authentic one ornament and few branches made me laugh! Your articles all framed was a great gift as well....mom really puts lots of thought into those gifts!

Michelle said...

Hi Dan, Jeff & Pups,
Just a quick note to tell you that I recently found your blog and Love it! You have a beautiful home that is filled with love!
Stop by and say hi sometime.
Happy New Years!
XoXo
Michelle

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Dan,

Your mom is truly a special lady! Those gifts with sentimental value that someone put so much thought into are the most treasured! Your mom is one talented lady too!

Happy New Year!
Tammy

Angie Berry said...

Oh how very sweet of your mom! It touched me and brought tears to my eyes and I don't even know her! She is a very special lady to put so much love and thought into each and every present.