Sunday, August 15, 2010

Here a Tweak, There a Tweak, Everywhere a Tweak Tweak!

I decided to do a little tweaking this weekend. We have been talking about needing some additional seating in the basement family room. We only had the couch and when we had company, people had to sit on the floor. The way the family room is laid out, it is hard to arrange it. The family room is one of the smallest rooms in the house.

We had two chairs and ottomans in Jeff's office. We never used them, so I decided to try to think of a way to put them in the family room. I think I came up with a pretty good way to use them.

I like the chairs and they are comfortable, but I have always worried about the fabric. Jeff picked them out and since they were for his office, I didn't want to persuade him one way or the other. I have worried that the fabric is too modern for the rest of the house. The colors are perfect and the size is great, but I do not know about the fabric. So, take a look and let me know what you think.
















Here is a closeup of the fabric.




















I do like it, and it is a lot more functional. With the exception of a few items, I was able to find a place for all of my decorations. I am going to live with it a while and see what I think.

Thank you for visiting Yesterday Once More. I appreciate you stopping by and I hope that you will come back as often as you can. Always remember, "Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to stay the same but get better."

All My Best,
~Dan~

17 comments:

Ann said...

Dan, I like the look and placement of the chairs in your basement family room. I have just one question - does Jeff know you moved them and what did you put in their place in his office? LOL. Our basement family room is a challenge since I have 2 support poles to work around - guess that's the hazard of a 1976 home. ~Ann

Tammy ~ A Primitive Place said...

Hi Dan,
I think it looks Great!!
The colors go wonderfully in there.
Wonderful job!!
TFS,
Have a great weekend!!
Take Care,
Tam

acorn hollow said...

I love the arrangement and the fabric is very nice. In rug hooking or penny rugs that pattern is very close to a cats paw. I think it blends wonderfully.

simple~needs said...

i like them!!!
extra seating is always good!! :)

maybe add some "round" items(wood plates, old sieves,etc)on the mantle/hearth OR on the a throw in the color of the chair on the back of the couch- since the pattern has lots of circles in it.....otherwise its great to me!!!
can we ALL come visit?? lol

Benita said...

Oh everything you do always looks wonderful Dan!! I don't think they look bad, but my favorite is 2 wing back chairs on each side of a fireplace ~ I've always loved that look ! Thanks for sharing more pics of your wonderful home !! By the way, is school starting soon ?!
LUVS & HUGS
Benita

Robyn said...

Wow, for that being the smallest room in your house it's pretty big! I love how the chairs look.

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

I like the fabric..cause its whimsical and folk art like..the colors go well with the room..;)

Holly Hills Primitives said...

Looks like the chairs were made for the room! I sure wouldn't worry about it another minute, it's wonderful. Have a great week, Dawn

Paula-Pieces from the Past said...

Hi Dan

I think it looks great and seems to be a great get together room and more seating is always good! I think the chairs fit in fine!

Paula-Pieces from the Past

Dana~HomespunTreasures said...

Dan the chairs look GREAT!!! I love the entire room you have such a TALENT for decorating everything always looks perfect!!

Blessings,
Dana

carolyn@primitive~devotion said...

Hi Dan! I think the chairs look great in there! And the pattern on the chairs look like wool pennies for making penny rugs! Too cute! Maybe a couple of penny rug pillows on the sofa with the same colors as the chairs would pull it all togeher even more. In any case, I think everything looks great!
~Carolyn

Primfills said...

Dan! I love the fabric! you know what, I completely agree with Carolyn, it reminds me of a penny rug pattern. I think it's wonderful!
The room looks so great! I think we have the same sectional couch Dan! lol Oh my gosh, we were both very busy this weekend! I will have to post some picures to show you what I was up to!
Love, Jobeth
P.S. Your goodies are on their way! I sent them early Saturday morning,priority mail, so I am hoping they arrive on your doorstep by Wednesday or Thursday! yay!

Amy said...

Gorgeous room and I love the dot fabric!!!

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

Oh honey u are just a hoot. Tweak Tweak is what keeps you going..haha
I think this turned out good. What does Jeff think of loosing his chairs.lol
I have get some ideas while I am here looking at this room. You are just too talented.
Can't wait to tweak my little kitchen like you suggested. You would not believe how sick I have been for three or more weeks ...darn I just want to be me again. lol
I really need your tweaking experience now all over my house because the landlady rented the guest house out and their moving most of that furniture into my little farm house and I am already full...oh my
Honey have you entered my CSN giveaway...if you win you could use it for tweaking Jeff's room.
Love ya
Maggie

janet said...

I too agree with the above posts..The pattern looks like a penny rug and with the addition of the accent pillows on them it really ties the whole room together..The layout of the room is great..You certainly do have an eye for decorating and mixing different elements together..Great job..

Country Gal said...

WOW ! Looks fantastic, love it all ! A job well done Sir ! Your entire house is beautiful !

Joanne said...

I like the fabric - think it blends with the old. Think of it as a sortof penny rug pattern in rug hooking! Love that design when I hook! Great job on the re-design - I have a room I can't get right myself - my living room! Take care