Tuesday, August 10, 2010

A Big Weekend!

Sorry I have been gone for so long! I have been really busy writing for the Holiday 2010 issue A Primitive Place Magazine.

Speaking of A Primitive Place Magazine, my issue came this past weekend! I was so excited when I saw it! It is wonderful! Everyone has done a wonderful job and I think it is going to be a huge success. I think the editor, Kristine Berg Doss, deserves a big pat on the back for a job well done. I think she has a hit on her hands.





It has been a dream of mine for quite some time to be part of a magazine. I can not express how grateful I am for this opportunity. It is truly a dream come true. I have waited a long time to see this page.





Have you ever seen anything so beautiful? If you haven't order your subscription yet, be sure you do. The Holiday issue is going to be wonderful! To order your subscription, click ~Here~.

Speaking of beautiful. I received my salt dough bowl fillers from Colleen this weekend. They are wonderful! She is so generous! She sent me some Halloween bowl fillers and some chocolate chip cookie scented tarts in addition to the items I won. Thank you so much Colleen! She wraps her bowl fillers so nicely. I had to show you how they arrived. To visit Colleen's blog, click ~Here~.




Speaking of generous. I don't know about you, but I am starting to see a pattern in this post...LOL! I received these gifts from a very sweet lady who follows my blog. Her name is Linda and she is so generous and spoils me by sending me gifts and cards. I really appreciate her friendship and all the nice e-mails that she sends me. These are the items that she sent me.





Finally, this weekend I found this sink board. I placed it over the sink in the basement kitchen. I think it looks great. I am going to tweak what I have on it, but for now this is how it looks.





Now you see why the title of this post is "A Big Weekend!" It was a big weekend for me.

Thank you for visiting Yesterday Once More. I appreciate you stopping by and I hope that you will continue to come back as often as you can. Always remember "Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it." So, I thank all of you for everything you do for me and all the people you love everyday!

All My Best,
~Dan~

12 comments:

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

love the goodies you received..I still need to work on yours and get it sent off..I haven't forgotten about you..it will be worth the wait..;) have a great week;)

LibbiesHome said...

Congratulations on being part of such a nice magazine! I was very excited to receive my copy in the mail.
Your goodies all look like so much fun, too. :)
And I just have to point out that I just noticed that you have 365 followers - that's one for each day of the year! Kinda cool. :)

Kris ~ Simply Prim said...

Wonderful goodies, Dan! I love Colleen's bowl fillers and how sweet of Linda to spoil you!! Cute towel! Your sink board looks great! I would love to have one, myself, but with 3 kids using the sink all of the time....I'm not thinking that would work too well! They would probably get tired of moving it and start stacking their dirty dishes on top of it! LOL

Take care,
~Kris~

JenR65 said...

I have been wanting to congratulate you also, love the premier issue of APP and looking forward to more of your writing!!

Grammee Linda said...

I loved all your writing Dan and I am looking forward to much more of it in the future. This Holiday issue is going to be even better than the fall one!!

Sharon said...

Dan, Congrats on getting into the magazine.
You truly do deserve it.
Love the bowl fillers you got.
Thanks for sharing them with us.

Sandy said...

Congratulations Dan! It is so fun and exciting when you get the chance to do something that you always dreamed of :) Good for you!

You got yourself some really awesome gifts...

Thanks for always sharing such a great blog!

Paula-Pieces from the Past said...

Hi Dan

Love the premiere issue of APP magazine and congrats in your part of that!!! Love the goodies you got and the sink board-awesome!!!

Take care and have a great week :)
Paula

The Farmers Oldest Daughter said...

Hi Dan -
I am still anxiously awaiting my copy of the magazine. I hope it comes soon. Love the items you received.

You did have a big weekend.

Take care - Maxine

Joanne said...

Congrats on getting your name in print! Must be very exciting! Haven't seen the magazine yet - but waiting! How wonderful you received all those gifts!

~Kristen~ said...

Congratulations on being part of the magazine!!! It is so exciting when we can our names in print like that!!! :-)

Lori said...

Love that quote,'thanks' for sharing.