Thursday, August 19, 2010

~Back to School~

Well, it is back to school time in my neck of the woods! I do not know where the summer went. One of the best things about being a teacher is that I get to have back to school time over and over.




I know that many of you have fond memories of this time of year. It is a time of great anticipation. It marks the beginning of a new chapter and signifies the passing of time. I remember being very excited about going to get my school supplies every year. I always had to have just the right ones. I always vowed to myself that I would keep them in their pristine condition all year. I tried really hard every year, but never seemed to achieve my goal.




The world has changed a lot since I was a kid, but one thing that continues to stay the same is the excitement kids feel when they enter the school for the first time since the spring. They are always excited to see their friends and to find out who their teacher is going to be.




The school year is always busy, but it is almost always good. It will fly by...they always do. I cannot believe that I am starting my 16th year of teaching. I must be getting old...LOL!




Thank you for visiting Yesterday Once More. I appreciate you stopping by and I hope you will continue to come back as often as you can. Always remember, "The older a man gets, the farther he had to walk to school as a boy!"

My Best Always,

~Dan~

9 comments:

~Kristen~ said...

I love this time of year for so many reasons!!! Mostly because I looooove Autumn!!! It is my most favorite time of year!!! I, too, always enjoyed back to school time. I loved to go shopping with my Mom for new school supplies and new clothes and shoes. Even now, though we don't have kids, I get positively giddy when I see the school supplies hit the shelves! I have been known to, ahem, purchase a crisp clean notebook...or ten!....and some pens! And pencils! And, and.... :-)

Rugs and Pugs said...

...and uphill both ways...lol!
May you be blessed with a wonderful school year!
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

Honey I have missed you! Don't make me drive all the way up there to find you. lol
I know your summer went by fast and then having to tweak my kitchen on top of it.
I have several people looking for the perfect 50's fabric for me like you suggested. Can't wait to feel better and get busy with your ideas.
Once againg thank you for doing it.
Love your post about back to school. Your pictures are awesome.
Glad you got your sign made it will be prefect in your home.
My giveway for CSN ends tonight at midnight. I hope u put your name in for the gift certificate.
Love ya
Maggie

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

Hey Dan, Have fun going back to school..I can honestly say..I hated school and never liked school shopping or school..just the socializing of it..love beauty college however cause the peer pressure was gone and everyone was treated equally...:) have a great friday.;)

Janet-Olde Crow Primitives said...

Hi Dan. Enjoy your new school year.
I really enjoyed the article you wrote in the APP magazine about the "Friendly Village" dishes. I also collect them, but never knew how to tell if they were vintage....now I know, thanks to you. I just got my magazine a couple of days ago and haven't been able to put it down.
Janet

Sharon said...

Have a great school year. I also remember the back to school days as it meant new clothes,shoes and new pencils etc.
When the boys wanted the car to go downtown, hubby always told them that in his day he had to walk to school and it was always a mile longer than the last time and up hill both ways.
I am sure your students are just as excited as you are.
Great photos.

Delena said...

Yes, added to the walking up hills both ways was the added, " we ate lard sandwiches and plastic bags over our shoes as we had no boots"! In reflecting the lard and boot stories may be closer to the truth..

Joanne said...

Had to giggle at all the comments and "up hill both ways" comments, my parents used that - they are in their 80's now and we still make fun of them. It sure has changed though! Me, I dreaded the first few days back to school - i was extremely shy then and it was poor torture! Hope your school year and your class is wonderful this year!

Karen/My Colonial Home said...

I think this is a VERY EXCITING TIME OF YEAR with the anticipation of back to school and that brings cool weather and that brings the Fall decorations and warm homes.
Love it!
Karen