Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day!


I could not let Father's Day go by without telling you all about two special dads that are in my life.




The first one is my dad. My dad is one of the most hardworking, honest, and generous people I know. He is a coal miner which is a very dangerous and hard job to perform. He never complains about working and has always done his best. We keep telling him it is time to retire, but he always finds a reason to work a little longer.

Without my dad, I would not have any of what I have. He provided everything for me. We always had plenty to eat, nice things, and a warm and inviting house to live in. He made sure that all of his children got a college education making so many sacrifices to make it happen.

I am so proud and honored to have him as my dad.

The second dad in my life is Jeff's dad.




Jeff's dad has always treated me so well and thinks of me as one of his kids. He always tries to do things to show how much he appreciates me. Whenever we need him, he is there. He has fixed many things for us, and he is always happy to do it. I feel very blessed to have him in my life.

Thank you for visiting Yesterday Once More! I appreciate you stopping by and I hope that you will come back as often as you can. I hope that you can spend some time with your father this weekend, and i hope that you have many wonderful memories of him.

My Best to You Always,
~Dan~

8 comments:

prims by olde lady morgan said...

Nicely put! You both are very lucky. OLM

Angela said...

Thanks for sharing your dads with us. Yes, I was able to stop to see my Dad today too!

Sandy said...

What a sweet post Dan :)
We spent the day with my Father since Hubby's dad is out of town. I treasure every moment that I have with my Father.

Karen/My Colonial Home said...

Dan what wonderful accolades for your father's - what proud, handsome looking gentlemen they are.
Karen

janet said...

You boys are two very lucky men..Have a great week..

Audrey said...

How blessed you are to have a wonderful father. I am not surprised to learn this as it is clear how loving and kind you are.
Jeff's Dad is quite handsome...He is pretty lucky to have you as a part of his family.
"Do unto others...." is a true statment. You deserve wonderful people in your life.

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

Oh my sweet Dan...how I have missed you honey.
Loved my visit here this morning and your comment you left me too.
First this post brought tears to my eyes. The love you show for your two dads is flowing in your words. How lucky to have them both in your life and how very lucky they are to have you. I was in awe of your Dad being a coal miner. Thank him for me for doing one of the hardest jobs in the world. I feel bad not doing a post about my dad I miss him so. But on June 25th post there will be a good picture of him with me.
Now look what I have missed looking at my slats in the ceiling. Jeff's new grand piano what a beautiful one too. It is Oak. I have to admit I have never seen one in oak. Beautiful. Most all of my pieces are oak too. Your right to see someone get something they have always wanted just feels your heart where you think it might burst open with happiness.
Love your tweaking too. hahaha
No one can tweak better than you. I am doing a post soon where you have to tweak my kitchen...
Yes shameful of me to put u on the spot but Ms Pearl does that sometimes.
I too think of you often and wonder what your doing with your free time now I know after catching up today.
Did you change your background with the stars are is it my meds.
Got to go but had to say hello
Love
Maggie

Elizabeth (blue clear sky) said...

Hi Dan, I followed you over from CS forums. I love prim decorating and like to mix it in with my style of decorating. I have had trouble finding prim things around here though.

This is a great tribute to your Dads. I became a follower and am off to see more of your blog.