Monday, May 24, 2010

Flowers Are Blooming

I thought I would share some pictures of the work I have been doing the last couple of weekends. I finally got some flowers planted. I planted red and white geraniums and vinca vine. I don't like to clean my pots completly from year to year. I like the aged look that is acheived after a few years of use.

I also made a little path to the hose out of flagstone. This will keep me from having to walk in the mulch whenever I want to use the hose.

I also included a picture of an old plow that I found at a yard sale a couple of years ago. I found the old washtub at the same yard sale and put some ferns in it.

The last two pictures are of some plants that I plan on planting around the pump to the pool. Hopefully, the will eventually disguise the pump in the future.

If the weather cooperates, we plan on doing some landscaping in the back yard this weekend. I will share some pictures with you when it is completed. Until then, I will let you see what I have accomplished so far.















































Thank you for visiting Yesterday Once More. I appreciate you making it part of your life. I hope that you will come back as much as you can. Always remember how important you are. Never forget how many lives you can change by showing kindness.

My Best to You Always,
~Dan~

16 comments:

rachel said...

Hi Dan!
Everything looks great! I have some lily plants around my a/c unit in my yard & those babies will grow & spread every year. They are a great plant that can survive a lot!

Rachel

thesimpledaze said...

It is really starting to look like summer around your place.I planted all red and white flowers this year also. Geraniums are one of my favorites.Did the temperature get warm today down by you?It reached 95 degrees here today so if the temp stays like this it will be time for you to open your pool.Have a great day.

Colleen/And Baby Makes Five said...

So lovely. Enjoy your blooms, Dan ... and your summertime school vacation schedule.

The Sacco's - Our Life said...

Your place is going to look great this summer. Love reading your blog!

♥ Noelle ♥ said...

everything looks great dan!!

Robyn said...

Love your flowers! What great arrangements in each pot. Lucky you to find the awesome antiques for your yard!

Craftyperson said...

Love all your geraniums...
Have a wonderful day..
Prim hugs,
Trena

COLONY HOMESTEAD said...

it all looks sooo nice....cant wait to see more...

colonialhomestead said...

Every thing looks good. It looks like one of your furry pals agrees. Taking some time to admire & smell the flowers too.

Char said...

Love that flowers are a blooming...YEAH FOR SUMMER TIME!...I LOVE that washtub idea!!!...hope you don't mind if I might "borrow" that idea?!...my daughter just gave me one of these (still have to go and grab it yet)...and I love what you did with yours!

Enjoy your day!

janet said...

It all looks so beautiful..I especially love the look of the pots with their aged look..Have a great Memorial Day..

Winona said...

Love your flower pots & flowers.....can't wait to see more. I was in Herrin today for a doctor's appt....looks like they are getting ready for the big Herrin Fest.
Enjoy your weekend.
Winona

Brenda said...

It might take waaaayyyyy too long to disguise the pump if you don't get some more of those daylilies, LOL! Oh, and being a daylily girl myself I have to tell you to make sure you go with Stella de oro, they bloom more than once...and they spread quickly, really quickly!
Your garden is looking lovely. Thanks for sharing, B=)

Delena said...

I agree with you about the pots. I like the aged look also. We have had a terrible spring here and hopefully summer will come soon. We are actually getting snow this weekend. I hope the weatherman is wrong. I really would love to plant some flowers. My friend has some petunias that he planted inside and they are ready for outdoors. He is going to give me a whole bunch one of these days. I hope they won't freeze when I do plant them.

Sharon said...

Dan I must say that it sure does look like summer around your place. I don't wash my pots either I like the aged looked.
I really like the one of Peyton standing there and the look of approval.
Thanks for sharing your beautiful yard.
Have a safe and bless weekend.

mrssmith07 said...

Love all your blooms around!!

I agree with leaving the aged look on too...
or maybe I'm just lazy and dont like washing the pot every year!!(wink wink) LMBOfffff

Your ferns look awesome in the washtubs!!


Roxanne