Sunday, April 25, 2010

What Does Love Mean?

A group of 4 to 8 year old children were asked the question, "What does love mean?". These are some of their answers. I hope you enjoy reading them as much as I did.




"When my grandmother got arthritis, she couldn't bend over and paint
her toenails anymore. So my grandfather does it for her all the time,
even when his hands got arthritis too. That's love."

Rebecca - age 8


"When someone love you, the way they say your name is different.
You just know that your name is safe in their mouth."

Billy - age 4


"Love is when a girls puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne
and they go out and smell each other."

Karl - age 5


"Love is what makes you smile when you are tired."

Terri - age 4


"love is when my mommy makes coffee for my daddy and she takes a
sip before giving it to him to make sure the taste is OK."

Danny - age 7


"Love is when you kiss all the time. The when you get tired of kissing,
you still want to be together and you talk more. My mommy and daddy
are like that.
They look gross when they kiss."

Emily - age 8


"Love is what's in the room with you at Christmas if you stop opening
presents
and listen."

Bobby - age 7


"If you want to learn to love better, you should start with a friend who you
hate."

Nikka - age 6


"Love is when you tell a guy you like his shirt, then he wears it
everyday."

Noella - age 7


"Love is like a little old woman and a little old man who are still friends
even after they know each other so well."

Tommy - age 6


"During my piano recital, I was on a stage and I was scared. I looked at
all the people watching me and saw my daddy waving and smiling.
He was the only one doing that. I wasn't scared anymore."

Cindy - age 8


"My mommy loves me more than anybody.
You don't see anyone else kissing me to sleep at night."

Clare - age 6


"Love is when mommy sees daddy smelly and sweaty and still says he
is handsomer than
Robert Redford."

Chris - age 7


"Love is when your puppy licks your face even after you left him alone all
day."

Mary Ann - age 4


"I know my older sister loves me because she gives me all her old
clothes and has to go out and buy new ones."

Lauren - age 4


"When you love somebody, your eyelashes go up and down and little
stars come out of you."

Karen - age 7


"You really shouldn't say "I love you" unless you mean it. But if you
mean it. You should say it a lot. People forget."

Jessica - age 8


The last one is a four year old child whose next door
neighbor was an elderly gentleman who
had recently lost his wife.

Upon seeing the man cry, the little boy went into the old gentleman's
yard, climbed onto his lap, and just sat there.

When his mother asked what he had said to the neighbor,
the little boy said,
"Nothing, I just helped him cry."


Whatever love means to you, I hope your life is full of it!

My Best to You Always & Love,
~Dan~

21 comments:

The Crafty Crow said...

Fantastic post Dan,,,,how great is the mind of a child. Thanks for a great post.
Blessings,
~Ronda~

denise said...

i read those before. they are just too sweet.

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

out of the mouthes of babes...love it..hope you are enjoying your sunday.:) hows that newest addition..spoiled/loved as ever?

Linda said...

Those are all great....but, oh, boy that last one. That one gave me a little tear in my eye.
Linda/simplycountryseasons

Higgler's Notch said...

Just as sweet as when my son used to yell from his bedroom at night.........."You're my bestest friend in the whole wide world!"

Carmen C. said...

Those are wonderful:)

Karen/My Colonial Home said...

Awww so sweet! Thanks Dan

Lori said...

Get the tissues. So Wonderful! I wish everyone knew what love is. Thanks for reminding me that love is in my home right now.

janet said...

Love is reading your blog because it always puts a smile on my face..Great post,Dan..

The Farmers Oldest Daughter said...

These are so sweet and out of the mouths of babes. If we could all do these.

Tomatoe Creek Prims said...

I so enjoyed your post...made me smile:)

Rondell

Michele said...

Dan - This post immediately made me think of a comment my 8 yr old nephew made while staying with hub & I this past week....
My Dad was diagnosed with Stage IV Lung Cancer end of this past November....and then passed away the day after Xmas.
My nephew said to me during his visit "Auntie, I want to get cancer so I can go and be with Grandpa."
What Does Love Mean? ~.~

Dana~HomespunTreasures said...

Thank you Dan...you always make me smile!!! I just LOVE this post. I look so forward to your blog everyday just to see waht you come up with and you never disappoint. Hope you and Jeff have a great week ahead!!!

Blessings,
Dana

Deb T. said...

Isn't is amazing , the answers you get from children . Yes they make us smile (: , Thanks so much for posting this . I am going to post a forward to your blog today , as I think , children , bring perspective to us adults . This should be shared .
Thanks Dan .
(:

ddogood said...

Thanks Dan. Those are all so precious. My favorite is the one named "Bobby" talking about Christmas.

What a great way to start my day! Thanks again, Dan.

Donna

Ginny said...

Thanks Dan, I LOVE everyone of them!!

Debbie said...

They are all so precious. It would be hard to pick a favorite. Thank you Dan!

*hugs*
Debbie

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

I LOVE kids! And that last one just about makes me cry! We can learn alot from kids! :)

Have a great day, Dan!
Tammy

Lynn said...

These are so sweet Dan! Thanks so much for sharing!

Have a great day!

Blessings,
~Lynn

Loafer Mountain Primitives said...

That's to cute! Thanks I needed a good laugh...
Tisha~LMPrims

Daisy Cottage said...

Oh how wonderful these are...
What a perfect way to start my day!

Thank you Dan!!!!


xo,
Kim