Tuesday, March 16, 2010

It's Not Easy Being Green

"Green how I want you. Green Wind. Green Branches." ~Federico Garcia Lorca~

In honor of St. Patrick's Day, I thought I would share with you some of the green items that I found around my house.

To me, green is a soothing color. Green is the color of grass, which represents new life. It is the color of money, which represents financial security. There are many shades of green. Light green, dark green, medium green, hunter green, etc. It is almost impossible to see the color green and not think of St. Patrick's Day. So, without further ado, here are my green items. I hope you enjoy them.

Shelf in Katie's Room


Old oar that once belonged to my Grandpa. I painted it green


Old tool caddy that I use to store magazines


Lantern that belonged to my Grandma


Green table that my mom got in the late 1960's and cut the legs off to make a coffee table


Quilt


Green garden tool


Old sink with green legs

Quilt made by my Great-Grandma

Old green fan


Green kitchen utensils


Green scale and tea container


Green handled rolling pins and green potato mashers


More green handled rolling pins


Jade-ite and more green kitchen utensils


Green checker board


Old green Bobbsey Twin books


Green yarn darns


Parker in her St. Patrick's Day shirt


May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face.
And the rain fall soft upon your field.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

Thank you for visiting Yesterday Once More. I appreciate you making it part of your day. Don't forget to check out my March 11th post for details about entering my giveaway. Thank you all for your wonderful comments and e-mails. They always make me feel very special. I hope you are having a wonderful relaxing evening. Never forget how blessed you are. I hope you have a wonderful St. Patrick's Day! Don't forget to wear green!

Take Care!
~Dan~





32 comments:

Andy said...

love your pictures, you have such great collections I never tire of looking at them!

LeeHillPrimitives said...

Great pictures!

basketsnprims said...

Dan,
Love all of your collections but of course my favorite pic is of Parker decked out for St. Paddy's Day. thanks for sharing & may the luck of the Irish be with you, laddie.
Pam

Lynn @ Painting Thyme Needfuls said...

Dan,
I'm "green" with envy of all your wonderful collections! I especioally LOVE Parker in her green shirt....adorable!
Hugs,
Lynn

♦Lynne♦Down Willow Lane♦ said...

My favourite colour! Happy St.Pat's Day!♦Lynne♦

JenR65 said...

Happy St. Patricks day, loved seeing all your green!!

Carmen C. said...

Love your wonderful green treasures and Parker is adorable as well:) Have a wonderful St. Paddy's day!

Dale Elizabeth said...

Hi Dan!
What wonderful collections of very unique green items. Very special.
Thanks for sharing!
Dale Elizabeth

Rugs and Pugs said...

Dan ~
Happy Saint Patty's Day to you and yours ;-)
Thanks for sharing all your green.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

Kindra said...

Happy St. Patrick's Day! I love seeing all the green in your home! I just love Katie's shelf!!

In His service, Anne said...

Oh My...LOOOve parker in the t-shirt!!!Love your "Greens".... Erin Go Braugh!!!
Anne

Holly Hills Primitives said...

Happy St. Patty's Day and thank you for sharing such great eye candy. Is there anything like those little Schauzer's? We had one once and so did my folks - so darn smart! Have a great day, Dawn

Proper Prim said...

Dan, I just found your blog from Firecrackerkid Primitives and I am so glad I did... your home is lovely... love your prim decor... I am an avid prim collector also... I see a lot of familiar things in your home... a few things I would like to just borrow for about 5 years lol... just wanted to say Congratulations on your Country Sampler shoot... that is my fav magazine... I will have to get out and get that one... I can see why you would have been chosen... excellent eye and your home is so warm and welcoming... that is what I love about prims.
Hope you have a great holiday and don't work yourself too hard.

Hugs, Deb

Debbie said...

I love all your green! Especially Parker in her green shirt. I found an old crock when we moved into this old farmhouse and hope to fill it with rolling pins some day!

Take Care and Happy St. Patrick's Day!
Debbie

Benita said...

Hi Dan ~ I luv all your green treasures, especially Parker in her lil green shirt !! hehe Have a great St. Patrick's day!
xoxo
Benita

Karen/My Colonial Home said...

DAN, WHAT A GREAT POST...WOW YOU HAVE SO MUCH OF THIS WONDERFUL COLOR!
HAPPY ST. PATTY'S DAY!!!
HUGS, KAREN

thesimpledaze said...

HAPPY SAINT PATTYS to Jeff and you hope you have a fun filled green day.Love your collection of green.

Colleen/And Baby Makes Five said...

Green looks great at your place, Dan! What a lovely array of shades and mementos.

Happy St. Patty's Day to you as well! With a Dad from Dublin, it's always a bit of a big deal here. Which is fun.

Hope the sun's shining brightly in your neck of the woods...

Kath ~★The Olde Weeping Cedar ★~ said...

Love your greens, Dan! Happy St. Patty's day to ya :)

priminitupjen said...

Parker looks so cute in her green shirt! Happy St.Patricks Day.
jen

Linda* ~ TheKeepingroom said...

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Cindy Surber said...

Thanks for coming to my blog Dan. I love all the Green ..Green kitchen utensils, rolling pins. Are my favorite.

darlarauch said...

I must confess, I too am green with envy of your wonderful home~~~

Lynn said...

Great pictures of all your great green items Dan!! Loved them all!!
Happy St. Patrick's Day to you too!!

Blessings,
Lynn

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Dan,

Now green is a color I don't have alot of in my home....you have made me look around and take notice though.

I do love your rolling pins and old books always get my attention....love those!

Happy St. Patricks Day to you!
Tammy

jerrywigginton48 said...

Love all of your pictures. Kay

Carla said...

Parker looks very festive in the green shirt! Happy St. Patrick's day, Dan!

Tammy ~ A Primitive Place said...

What fabulous shades of green.
Loved the photos.
But I do believe the last pict is the BEST!! :)
Parker's so darn cute! ;)
Tam

mom mom / Winona said...

Enjoy looking at all your green things...always love reading your posts. You can always make me smile.:)
Winona

Daisy Cottage said...

Awesome photos!!!

I have a green coffee table (cut down too) almost identical to yours! Found it at a yard sale. Now I'll think of you whenever I look at it! And Parker??? HE IS SOOOOOOOO CUTE!!!!!

So fun...


xo,
Kim

Kim~HomeIsWhereTheHeartIs said...

Loved all of your "green".

Countryfolk Keepsakes said...

My first time here and I love it!! You and Jeff did a fantastic job on your home! So many great treasures and collectibles. I am really diggin' that red plaid couch too!! ♥
Take care,
~Karin
P.S. Also love your furbabies. :> )