Sunday, February 28, 2010

Shades of Brown

Linda at Behind My Red Door shared with her followers different shades of brown. She then challenged her readers to share their shades of brown.

When we think of the color brown, it can seem like a drab color. It is the color of dead leaves, dead grass, dirt, and mud. Brown can also be a wonderful color full of happy memories and fun. It is the color of cookies we make for Christmas, the candy bar we enjoy eating, the desk we used as a child, the pie our grandma used to make for us, and the sand we walked in on vacations. Brown is a warm color that can easily be incorporated into our homes. Brown goes with almost any color, and can look good in any room. So, here are some of the shades of brown I found in my house. I hope you enjoy them.


Child's Sled


Brown Beehive Crocks


Old Grate


Potato Mashers


Round Butter Molds


Ivory Fiesta


Chocolate Fiesta


Brown Crocks


Child's School Bench


Picnic Baskets


Butter Paddles


Old Luggage


Basket


Metal Star


Old Radio


Coffee Grinders


Rectangular Butter Molds

As you can see, brown can be a wonderful color. Everyone has brown in their houses. Look around; I bet you will she shades of brown that you have never seen before.

Yesterday Jeff and I went to some antique shops to look around. I found several different things. I am sure if you are like me, you find something every time you go. I got a couple of quilts, a child's iron, a little gray stool, some old child's blocks, some stocking stretchers, and some vintage Fiesta. We had a good time and it was nice to get out and enjoy the sunny weather.

I will be attending a conference for school on Tuesday and Wednesday, so I will be taking another short break from blogging. I should be posting some time Wednesday evening. I will miss blogging, but I am hoping to hit a few antique shops on the way there and back. I will see you all when I get back.

Thank you for visiting Yesterday Once More and for all the kind comments and e-mails. I appreciate them very much. Always remember that you are a very special person and that there are many people who love, value, admire, and depend on you. Try to always live life to its fullest, and don't sweat the small stuff. I hope you all have a wonderful evening!

Take Care!
~Dan~

25 comments:

Dana~HomespunTreasures said...

Hi Dan,

I enjoyed seeing all of your shades of brown!! You have so many wonderful collections. I wanted you to know I finally got my CS Home Tour edition and I just LOVED seeing your home featured!! They really did a wonderful job the pictures where awesome!! I know you are so proud!! I hope you have a GREAT week!

Blessings,
Dana

Lynne said...

You have so many collections of lovely things.I really like the butter paddles and the coffee grinders too! :)
Have a great week. ♦Lynne♦

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

love your shades of brown..especially the fiesta ware..guess I will be pulling out the camera and seeing what I have in brown..have a great week ahead.:)

JenR65 said...

You have so many nice collections, I love seeing them every time you share your pictures. You sure do have a lot of great browns. Enjoy your day!

LeeHillPrimitives said...

OH Dan, Love your browns, you had so many collections that are awesome. I always enjoy seeing your pictures.

basketsnprims said...

Dan
I love your collections and the beautiful shades of brown. Love your butter molds and paddles. I so enjoyed seeing your home in CS. What a beautiful home you and Jeff have.
hugs,
Pam

Kim~HomeIsWhereTheHeartIs said...

Love your wonderful collection of brown items, Dan :)

Grammy Linda / Behind My Red Door said...

OH Dan - your browns are scrumptious!! Thanks for joining in and thanks for the reminder of the other good things that are brown - like chocolate! YUM!!

Andy said...

Love your collections! Especially the beehive crocks! So pretty how you have them displayed! Thank you for sharing!

Rugs and Pugs said...

Dan ~
Thank you so much for sharing so many of your collections in brown. I enjoyed the "brown tour" very much.
Be sure to share pictures of your latest antique purchases.
Have a safe trip to the conference and may you find more treasures on the way home.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

Joanne said...

Loved seeing the brown collections and items! I guess you really don't think of it "color" - I looked around and didn't realize how many brown items I had! Safe travels and happy finds on the antique hunt!

Patti said...

Wonderful post Dan! Forgot about the potato masher yesterday when I picked up the two beehive bobbins...yours just reminded me of it!
Have a great week.

Linda* ~ TheKeepingroom said...

I love brown, it has always been one of my favorite colors. I am a big fan of neutrals. They are so great to work with and easy on the eyes.
Have a great week,
Linda*

The Happy Homemaker said...

Gosh,I don't know where to start!Everything is great.Your blog is so soothing and home-y...I can almost feel a summer breeze!I'm so glad to have 'met' you and I can't wait to read further into your blog:)

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Dan,

I have ALWAYS loved brown! I love it still. I even love wearing brown!

I love all your collections....especially those crocks, butter paddles, coffee grinders and the child's bench....my favorites!

I might have to take this challenge as I see lots of brown around here! :)

Have a great week!
Tammy

jerrywigginton48 said...

Dan I always enjoy reading your blog and hope
you have a good trip. Kay

Tamera said...

I loved all your collections-especially the Fiesta Ware! I never knew it came in chocolate and cream!!

Tamera @ The Stone Fence Cottage

Folk Art From The Harbor said...

I Love EVERYTHING!!! Especially that SLED! Hugs BeCca

Jeff said...

Hi everyone. This is Dan's partner, Jeff. I've read Dan's blog everyday, but I never have posted anything. I just wanted to say hello to everyone and to let you know that Dan is just as amazing in real life as he is in his blog. He has a great big heart, and he has been the best person I've ever know. I will pop in from time to time. I enjoy reading your comments very much.

Benita said...

Hi Dan ~ I love all your warm cozy collections of brown ! And its so great to see Jeff commenting here too, I feel as though you are both friends of mine even though we have never met, but you are both soooo sweet !!
LUVS~N~HUGS
Benita

BellaRosa said...

Hola Dan :) I found your blog by happy accident visiting someone elses :) I love your browns...I was just looking at your pictures on your right bar and Peyton and Parker are adorable! I have a lil maltese (wanna be rotweiler) named Lola myself...she is out lil bebe love...Your home is just beautiful, I look forward to visiting and seeing more of your great posts :) Besos, Rose

ps...I hope you don't mind I added you to my blog roll :)

Debra said...

Thanks for all of that wonderful eye candy!!

Never So Simple said...

I don't think I have ever seen a bee hive crock before. I love them! You have so many wonderful brown goodies.

Donna

Daisy Cottage said...

What a gorgeous collection of browns Dan! I enjoyed seeing everything and especially adore the brown Fiesta! I actually wear alot of brown and it goes with so many colors too.

Here's to brown and here's to you - thank you so much for sharing your kind spirit here in Blogland.

xo,
Kim

Angela said...

I did 'see' you in Country Sampler...I LOVE what you both have done to your beautiful home. How exciting to see you sharing in blog land...