Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Raining Days and Wednesdays???

"The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain" -Dolly Parton

I guess you can tell from the title, it is raining here. The good thing is it is Wednesday, so we are halfway through the week. The week goes fast when I have Monday off.

As I was walking (on the treadmill), I was thinking of my friend at the Country Sampler Forum, Lisa. She posted last night that her friend's son, Luke, has cancer and is in terrible pain. As you go through your day say a prayer for this young man and his family. It is hard to understand why things like this happen, but we don't make those kind of decisions.

Then I started thinking about myself and other people I know and the things we all say throughout the day as we get older. "My hair is going gray", I can't lose weight as easily as I did before", My hair is falling out", or "I have a few new wrinkles". I thought some people never get the chance to say those things. They never see their hair turn gray or their face wrinkle. So I challenge you today, let's all try to be more thankful for the signs of age. We are so blessed to be able to see them. So today when you look in the mirror and see a sign of age say, "Thank you for letting me get older". I really think it will make us all feel a little better.

I hope your Wednesday is a good one. Touch someone's life today and take care!

~Dan~

12 comments:

Colleen said...

Hey Dan, first welcome to blogging! I think I'm going to like i there :-)

Preayers are going up for the young man - I know how hard this cancer thing is - just lost by beloved brother to it - I myslef am a survivor and I an tell you, I am happy for every single gray hair, every single day that I have been given to ..read, love, be silly...and find great blogs like yours right here.

I'll be back to I can take it all in..
Have a wonderful {if not wet} Wednesday :-)

Lynn said...

Dan, I will keep Luke and his family in my prayers. It is so hard for one to understand why things happen the way they do.. Someday, we all will know the answers as to why..

I am so very thankful for each day that the Lord blesses my family, my friends, and myself with... Each day is truly a gift from God..

I think the rain you mentioned about having is headed our way here before too long!

Have a great day Dan!

~Lynn

Lisa B. said...

Oh, Dan, what a sweet thing to do - to add Luke to your blog. I am crying as I write this. I could not sleep last night thinking about this beautiful young man and what he and his family must be going through. You are sooooooo right about us worrying about trivial things like gray hairs and losing weight and wrinkles. Whenever I start to think that way, I think of my grandmother and my mom and how they just accepted getting old. God bless you, Dan, and thank you again for your thoughts and prayers. You are a beautiful person. I hope our paths cross one of these days. Lisa B.

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

First of all, congratulations on your blog, Dan! It's wonderful! And I can't wait to get my issue of the Home Tour issue to see your home featured! I feel like I know all of these "famous" people! lol!

I will most definitely lift Luke up in prayer! And you are so right....I have to remind myself to be thankful for the little things I take for granted and that someone else would gladly be glad to be experiencing the things I sometimes complain about! What a sweet post!

Have a great day! :)

Tammy

priminitupjen said...

Dan, that was very nice of you to post about Luke on here. I will keep him in my prayers.
What you said about getting older is so true. When something terrible happens, it sure makes you appreciate the little things. My dad became paralyzed a few yrs ago, it really makes you look at life a little different and makes us realize how blessed our lives are.
Have a great day!
Jen

Tomatoe Creek Prims said...

I just found your blog and wanted to take the time to tell you that I love it and will be back to read other posts you have, I have to pick up my granddaughter at preschool in a few minutes:)

Luke will be in my prayers and as someone commented "someday" we will know why.

I have Fiesta ware too and it's all packed away, it just doesn't go with prim to well but I do love it:)
Have a wonderful day!
Rondell
PS. I became a follower:)

Kath ~★The Olde Weeping Cedar ★~ said...

Wonderful post, Dan...I will add Luke to my prayers.

Have a beautiful day :)

JenR65 said...

Your posts are very inspiring and uplifting, thanks Dan! I sure will keep Luke in my prayers.

Kim~HomeIsWhereTheHeartIs said...

Hi Dan,
I certainly will remember Luke in my prayers.

It's so easy to forget the blessings that we've been given. There's always something to be thankful for!

Karen/My Colonial Home said...

Thanks Dan! Luke is in my Prayers as well as Lisa and her family.

Your words are so perfect and I know I never think like that but should.

Thanks,
Karen

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

I love your post today..and now when i look in the mirror and see those wrinkles or whatever..i will be more thankful...:) thanks for the little pearls of wisdom.;)

Grammy Linda / Behind My Red Door said...

I like your way of thinking - it is exactly how I aim to think as well! I need to become one of your followers! I'llbe back when I have more time to see your home and compare our CS shoots!