Tuesday, January 19, 2010

The Glare of Tuesday Morning

"An early-morning walk is a blessing for the whole day".

I thought this quote was perfect for today. I just finished my two mile walk. It always makes me feel better. I usually have a good day when I walk. If I don't, boy do I drag all day. When you teach 2nd and 3rd grade students with special needs, the last thing you want to be is draggy.

Well, yesterday I decided to shop. Before we left, we took our spare change to one of those machines that count it for you and got $117.51!! Can you believe it? I was all set to buy some Fiesta! However, when we got to the antique store, it was closed. They are not opened on Monday. I should have known better. So to drown my sorrows, we went to a craft store and I bought two big stars to hang above the mantle in the dining room. I think they look better than the stars I previously had there. I will share some before and after pictures later today. When we got home we still had time to do our work. Jeff washed the cars, packed my lunches, and went to the grocery store. I bathed the P's, finished laundry and ironed.

I am thinking about having some kind of give away to launch my blog. I have decided on what the give away is going to be. I will share the details later today. I have to keep you in suspense for a little while...lol! I think you will like it. Please, those of you we have blogs; advertise my blog on yours. I am hoping to get more followers. I will do the same for you.

I hope all of you have a wonderful Tuesday, and you have at least ten minutes to reflect on all the blessings that you have, smile more today than yesterday, and see the world through another person's eyes. Take care and be careful!

~Dan~

6 comments:

Lynn said...

Dan, Wow! You walk 2 miles every day?! I really ought to get back into walking on a daily basis also.. I know it did make me feel so much better, and I actually looked forward to walking once I got into it! You're inspiring me to get my walking shoes back on Dan!! That definately would be a good thing for me!!

Can't wait to hear more about your giveaway!

Have a wonderful day Dan and I really love your blog!! You ae doing great with it!!

~Lynn

Kim~HomeIsWhereTheHeartIs said...

Hi Dan, can't wait to see your new stars.

Quiliting in Mequon said...

Hi Dan... I love what you two have done to your house... Parker and Peyton are the sweetest.... I just wanted to Welcome you to the Blogging world... Keep up the great work...I wish you and Jeff all the best... :)

adsgram said...

Just came over from "Where The Heart Is" Can't wait to see your place in CS Home Tours issue..I like what you have shown so far .Good Luck with your blog, and dog lover that I am , I hope you feature some more pics of 'the P's'

Lynne
dlynne172@yahoo.com

Karen/My Colonial Home said...

Hey Dan....FINALLY!
I have been waiting so long for your blog to get up and going.
I would be so happy to list your blog on mine and I' following you too.
I LOVE YOUR BLOG NAME....how appropriate for Primitives and Colonials and the ever so popular ANTIQUES and Re-do's.
Hugs, karen

Adrienne said...

Hi, Dan - I came here from Kim's blog (Home is Where the Heart is). Love what I see and I can't wait to see your home featured in Country Sampler. Welcome to the world of blogging - this is a great place to 'meet' people who share a love for the things that you enjoy. And once in awhile there's a chance to meet each other in person.
~Adrienne~