Monday, January 25, 2010

All My Chair Rails

On the last epidode of "All My Chair Rails" our decorator, Dan, stated that he was going to put chair rail up in the dining room. Leaving all of our viewers imagining what it would look like. Today's episode is going to be more of the same. Our decorator has to get to school, so pictures will be posted later today. Please stay tuned for the next episode of "All My Chair Rails" to see the progress that is being made.

The chair rail is going to look really good! I am very excited about it. It is going to make the dining room seem more like a dining room. The couple who built the house meant for the room to be a living room, but we wanted to make it the dining room. I am hoping that the chair rail will make it seem more natural. I spent all day yesterday painting under the chair rail. I worked from 11:00-9:30. I have a feeling my legs are going to be sore from all the bending I did. Later this week, we are going to build some boxes (like picture frames) under the chair rail. I really think that will make it look even better.

We had a nice time with our friends on Friday. We went to a local BBQ place for supper, and came back to our house to visit and watch the latest episode of "Project Runway". Saturday was spent putting up chair rail with some other friends of ours. I made chili for supper and we all enjoyed being with each other while working. I am sure we sound like really exciting people...lol!

I hope all of you have a wonderful Monday, and that you keep coming back to visit as often as you can. I will post some pictures later today, until then take care!

~Dan~

7 comments:

Janene said...

Did you know that at Lowes they have premade frames to put under the chair rail? It may say time and $$.
Looking forward to seeing the pictures and reading the "rest of the story"!

Lynn said...

Dan, Can't wait to see the rest of the episode of "All My Chair Rails"! Sounds sooo exciting, and I bet that you are!! I bet it does make a big difference in your room!

Sounds like you all had a wonderful weekend..and CHILI sounds soooo very good!! Guess what we're having for dinner tonight?? You guessed it... Chili!! It's already cooking in the crock pot!

Thank you so much for coming over and visiting my blog Dan! Means a bunch! I sure do enjoy visiting your blog alot!

Have a great day!
Blessings,
~Lynn

JenR65 said...

I can't wait to see the dining room finished. You sure do have a way with words-so glad you started a blog!

In His service, Anne said...

Cant wait to see the pics!!! It must be a "Chili" week-lol I made some a couple days ago.

ddogood said...

I can't wait to see your picture frame molding. I love it! It's a very classic look.

Donna

Tomatoe Creek Prims said...

I love the title of your story Dan...so funny! I'm sure it will make a great differnce and turn out axactly they way you planned.

Have a great evening,
Rondell

CareyCottage said...

I'm a Project Runway fan as well. I see two girls who really need the ax, lol!!! Don't know who I'm rooting for yet, but I'm getting close!